AeroFarms (www.aerofarms.com) is the commercial leader in vertical controlled environment agriculture. We are seeking an accomplished maintenance supervisor with proven leadership skills that can manage installation, repairs and upkeep of the company’s property including mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing systems, structures, buildings, production machinery, ammonia refrigeration, and more.
AeroFarms strategic goal is to enable local production at commercial scale in various markets globally. Specifically, we are focused on developing local farms that produce quality, flavorful, safe, pesticide-free, grown produce that can be easily traced from farm to fork through a simple and transparent supply chain. In our strategy to enhance our competitive advantage, we are seeking innovative, committed, individuals who can share in our long-term goals and sustainability efforts. Ultimately, at AeroFarms we are striving to transform agriculture.
AeroFarms is opening a brand new state-of-the-art facility in Newark, NJ that will be one of the largest indoor vertical farm for leafy greens and will serve the NY Metro area. To support substantial interest from national retailers, AeroFarms plans a significant scaling of the business, including facilities in additional cities in the near-term. In addition to North America, the company also has farms under development in other regions of the world.
This position is responsible for facilitating and overseeing installation, repairs and upkeep of the company’s` property including mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing systems, structures, buildings and production equipment. In addition, the candidate must be able to manage maintenance administration/budget, evaluate and analyze efficiencies, equipment downtime, and ensure optimal progressive maintenance support for the entire plant facility while working to improve plant performance, in accordance with company goals and objectives. This role will report directly to the Farm Manager and will coach and lead a small maintenance team. He/She will have responsibility for ensuring the servicing and maintaining of all manufacturing equipment as well as for planning and scheduling of the maintenance personnel.
- Prioritizing, scheduling repairs and installations of equipment and facilities, minimizing interference with production.
- Coordinating outside vendors and sub-contractors
- Project Management responsibilities
- Maintain spare parts and inventory system for all critical machine parts, including ordering parts as necessary for inventory and special projects.
- Maintaining machine operating standards, including the review and documentation of downtime trends against standards.
- Administering the maintenance work order system, including prioritizing and assigning work orders, and monitoring their timely completion.
- Developing and managing the plant’s preventive maintenance plan, ensuring the least interference with production operations and ensuring the completion and maintenance of all records regarding plant maintenance and work orders completed.
- Managing training needs for maintenance staff, including coordinating training with outside vendors and other educational seminars as necessary.
- Ensuring compliance with all local, state and federal regulatory environmental programs for testing and disposal requirements.
- Development and adherence to maintenance budget.
- Assisting in process troubleshooting as needed, including being subject matter expert.
- Assisting in the initiating and implementation of capital projects and related budgets.
- Identify and recommend capital improvement projects to support plant infrastructure.
- Proactively manage all infrastructures including developing a long-term plan for maintenance and upgrades as needed.
- Regular and punctual attendance and physical presence in the workplace.
- Timely and accurate completion of duties.
- Creating and supporting a positive, professional, team-oriented, harassment-free work environment by understanding and complying with the company’s policies.
The hard working, self-motivated candidate will possess:
- Associate Degree in building trades, mechanical, electrical, ammonia refrigeration, welding or/and related field of study, or some college coursework and five to ten years of job-related experience.
- Experience with PLC’s
- Preferred: A Bachelor Degree in a related field of study
- 5-7 years maintenance experience within Manufacturing or Food Industries; 3+ years at a supervisory level.
- Understanding of Food Hygiene and Food Safety
- Sanitary Welding
- Either electrical or mechanical fitter trade qualification and experience
- Strong communication and troubleshooting skills and the proven ability to mentor and manage a team
- Previous experience using a computerized maintenance management system
- Experience with packaging, scales, weighing and production machinery.
- Proficient in MS Office; Including Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Able to write clearly and informatively.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently with minimal supervision (self-motivated).
- Excellent attention to detail. Problem analysis and problem resolution.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment.
- Must be able to work all shifts and will be on call 24 hours a day for emergency situations.
- Ability to lift
Relevant experience includes food processing facilities, pharmaceutical production and processing facilities, high volume manufacturing using equipment that cost $5M-$50M per installation.
We look forward to hearing back from you. Please contact us at careers@AeroFarms.com with your resume and cover letter.
BACK TO OPEN POSITIONS